Law Firm Receptionist – Admin Officer required
Mahlokwane Attorneys’ office branch in Benoni is looking for a dedicated young person with the desired skills and professionalism to be a reflection of the firm’s good reputation. This candidate is the first face or voice that any client across our clientele hears and sees.
The required educational qualifications for this vacancy are:
- The minimum qualification is a higher certificate in receptionist or equivalent.
- Computer literate in MS Word and MS Excel
- Working experience of clerical skills such as typing, copying and faxing would be given preference.
Main Responsibilities 1: Front Desk Management
- Appropriately and professionally welcome all visitors and employees to the law firm
- Receive deliveries and ensure relevant sign-off takes place in accordance with policies and procedures and distribute to the correct role player/s
- Book appointments and advises staff of visitors arrivals
- Maintain the reception and law firm consultation rooms to ensure that they are kept neat and tidy at all times
Main Responsibilities 2: Operate Switchboard
- Operate the telephone and switchboard system and ensure the switchboard system is fully functional by escalating issues timeously
- Answer and screen incoming calls and direct calls to the relevant role players
- Take accurate and detailed messages when relevant staff members are not available
- Relay messages to the relevant staff member/s timeously
- Attend to client queries or redirect queries to the relevant role players
Main Responsibilities 3: Consultation set ups
- Acts as a host to clients and employees in meeting rooms and deals with requests and issues
- Secure and book meeting rooms and updates display monitors
- Set up conference calls / presentation set ups / video conference calls
- Set up training room as per configuration requirements
- Maintain meeting rooms to ensure it is kept neat and tidy at all times
Main Responsibilities 4: Clerical and Administration duties
- Assist the senior legal secretary with administration duties
- Handle all incoming faxes, letters and correspondence
- Ensure the courier delivers documents when and where required
- Assists with the collection of post as well as ensure all incoming mail is signed for and collected
- Ensure all deliveries to reception is documented and signed for
- Ensure meeting rooms are correctly allocated for meetings
- Ensure all calls and consultations are billed and paid.
- Compile ad hoc reports when required
The application should contain the following:-
- Curriculum Vitae with three references;
- Covering letter
- Certified identity copy and copies of certificates
Applications forwarded to any email addresses or our social media pages and accounts and those failing to use the correct subject matter and not complying with the post requirements will be disregarded.
Salary will be discussed during the interview based on experience. Mahlokwane Attorneys reserves the right not to make any appointment. Immediate availability. Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org using I00001 as subject in the email.
Closing date 26 May 2020.